One of my favorite lunch meals is some thai steamed fish and a bit of side salad made up of whatever is lying around.
It’s so delicious and simple so I thought I’d share the recipe.
Thai Spiced Fish Parcels
2 x 10cm sticks of fresh lemon grass
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
1cm piece fresh ginger, grated finely
4 spring onions, sliced thinly
2 fresh small red chillies, chopped finely (optional)
4 firm white fish fillets
1 lime or lemon, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Trim lemon grass and cut each piece in half lengthways
2. Combine coriander, ginger, onion and chilli in a small bowl
3. Cut 4 sheets of foil large enough to completely enclose the fish
4. Place 1 lemon grass piece on each foil and place fish on top of it, then divide coriander mixture across the top of the fish and drizzle with olive oil
5. Fold the foil around the fish to enlose it completely
6. Place parcels in a single level steamer and steam covered for 15-20 minutes
7. Remove from the foil before serving and discard the lemon grass
8. Chop up any variety of salad vegetables you like and serve on the side.
This delicious paleo diet lunch recipe- takes about 10 minute preparation time and 20 minutes cooking.